Thursday, June 26, 2008

Miniscule introduction

First, a short introduction. I'm Jevan Furmanski; I research and engineer (mostly in reverse) total joint replacements, which I do in Cleveland. I have more opinions than I have data on most topics, but when I have data I have "interpretations" which I regard as substantially more interesting than opinions. Most people can't tell the difference, and I hate arguing with them.

As such, I exert substantial effort to remain not on any side of an issue, but rather on the side of disclosure and discussion. I have been told that I wasn't allowed to "have it both ways" by arguing both for and against the same position. This is only true if one is already satisfied that there is a "right" and that they are trying to make their views accepted as it. Bollocks. So, I will make posts both for and against certain topics, sometimes within the same paragraph. Such is the nature of human uncertainty, when candor is admissible.

I have a house, neighbors, a wife, in-laws, a daughter, and a 8 week old lab puppy. Some of these things are awesome, some not, and all of them will show up in future posts. Also, I'm super pissed-off about certain goings on in our country (though I always try to decouple the policy from the people), and that will show up too. Mostly, I expect to complain and harass, and hopefully it will remain interesting to someone. Blog.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I added you to my links. I like that as "neighbors" I get to be mentioned in your blog! I anticipate many beer drinking nights of point-counter point.